Friday, February 4, 2011

Hellooo . . . Anybody out there?

Is it really February?  Didn't we just celebrate Christmas?  By the way time is flying, I should probably go ahead and get started on my Christmas shopping. Geez!

 I can not believe that it has been over a month since I have written a blog post.  I mean, I knew it had been a while, but a month . . . you've got to be kidding me!  But according to the handy dandy date thing on the top of my blog post it has indeed been over a month!  I vow to get better.  Really, I do!

So, here is what we have been up to.  School, school, school, and more school.  Okay so that is a flat out lie.  We have done some school, but mostly we've just been busy.  We've got basketball practices two nights a week and games on Saturday mornings.  (Two different kiddos playing basketball in two different age groups = family at basketball games from 8:30 until 12:00 every Saturday.)  Add to this the fact that I decided to sign up for a half marathon and that means training, because if I didn't it would surely mean throw up, pass out, and then die on side of road.  On that note, did I mention that I also signed my husband up to run the half with me?  He is super excited!  (Where is that sarcasm font when you need it?)  Here's the part that really stinks.  He can just do it.  He can not run for weeks and then just go run tons of miles like it's no big thing.  Frustrating!  Just like he can decide he wants to lose some weight and then (I swear) he just loses it.  I'll diet, exercise, drink more water, follow all the rules and might lose 2 pounds in a month.  What in the world is that about?
Okay, I'll quit ranting about that.

My training has been going really well and I really enjoy and look forward to my runs.  It's nice to have time all to yourself.  It's quiet (or it's your choice of music) and feels great to be outside in the fresh air . . .even if the temps have been pretty cold. The other week when I was scheduled to run 7 miles it was in the 20's!  But, by the time I got going, I warmed up!  My last long run was 12 miles on Monday.  I did it!  I couldn't believe that I could actually do it!  My legs were sore for days.  They still hurt yesterday (Thursday) but I ran my planned 3 miles and it made them feel much better.  I'm trying to decide it I want to run a slow and steady 6 miles tomorrow or participate in a 5k here in town and kinda push myself speed wise.  Decision, decisions!

Let's see . . . what else?  Well, we went out to Colorado to go snow skiing with my husband's grandparents last week.  So much fun!  I'm not that big of a skier, (Flying down a mountain as fast as possible does not excite me.  I like to make all my turns and go nice and slow!) but my husband and kiddos love it.  He took all three of them down their first black diamond run.  I didn't know about it until after the fact.  Definitely a good thing!  I would post pictures, but my computer is refusing to acknowledge my cf card at the moment and I can not find the cord thingy (technical, huh) to connect my camera to the computer.  No worries. . . pictures are to come.

Lastly, in January I took over as Women's Ministry Captain at my church.  I am excited, but a little bit nervous about being able to do all that it entails and not letting the women of my church down.  We had a fun little fellowship event on Sunday and I think that it turned out really well.

Hopefully now that I am all caught up with normal life stuff, I will be able to update the blog more and get back to regularly scheduled programs!




2 comments:

  1. I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't left!
    To answer your question we go to Master's co-op, the younger sister of King's.
    I saw you at the cover school meeting, but I was waiting to speak to you until you got done talking with someone else, but before that happened the ladies I rode with were ready to go. Hate I didn't get to say hello! But I'm sure I'll see you next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are one busy lady!!

    Good luck with the marathon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails