Sunday, January 2, 2011

I know you didn't. . .

Okay, so that should say I know I didn't. But, I did. I know I did it because, well, I did it.


I signed up to run a half marathon. Yep, I did it. We'll see what happens with that. My goal is to simply finish the thing! Of course I didn't sign up for one in April, oh no. I signed up for on February 13th. I actually signed up a few weeks ago and so I've searched online and found a training schedule for 8 weeks prior to race day.

So far, so good. Today I ran six miles. That's the most I've ever run. I didn't die!!!!! I didn't even feel like I was going to die! Who knew?!

So, enough about that!

We had a great Christmas at our house. It actually snowed on Christmas Day in Alabama. Wow! Now, I see what the big deal is about a white Christmas (even though no snow actually stuck to the ground)! We didn't travel anywhere on Christmas Day this year and it was quite the blessing. We were able to hang out in our pajamas all day long!!!! THAT is my kinda day!

Here are some pictures from our wonderful Christmas celebrations!



All the cousins on my mom's side!  My mom had two daughters and now has all grandsons!

The cousins on Jason's mom's side of the family!  I could easily take their cousin Matt and claim to have triplets instead of twins!
These boys seriously loved the super cool hats from GiGi!
Priceless!


 Before!
 After!
 There were even toys in the boys playhouse fort.  I forgot, boys don't have playhouses.
I hope that your Christmas season was just as wonderful as ours!  I have really enjoyed just relaxing and am probably going to have a hard time getting back into our normal routine!  Hopefully, it won't take me too long!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. lol. Love the Before & After pictures!

    Good luck with the marathon! I used to say that I wanted to run at least a half marathon before I turn 40...but that's only 2 years away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 weeks is perfect! Zach and I ran country music 1/2 last year and started training way too early. Races are SO MUCH FUN!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word. I hope I can run like you when I grow up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea for you!!! I thought about signing up for a half in March, but I chickened out and am just going to do the 5K again. I don't think I can commit to the training. The long Saturday runs are fun ... I have a friend I run with each week, but increasing what I do during the week is not feasible for me right now. I can't wait to hear how it goes for you - so fun!!

    Looks like you guys had a nice, relaxing Christmas! Love the "after" picture!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails