Saturday, March 6, 2010

Compassion Bloggers


On March 4, 2010 a group of Compassion bloggers began an adventure in Kenya. I have just finished reading so many of their blog updates about the amazing difference a sponsorship through Compassion can make in the lives of these wonderful people. But, more than that, I sit here at my computer feeling sick to my stomach by how incredibly spoiled, selfish, ungrateful, and just plain out ridiculous I am. My life is. I moan and groan about vacuuming, mopping, loading the dishwasher, doing laundry (with my fancy washer and dryer, I might add). I complain about everyday life things instead of just realizing how truly blessed I am. My excess makes me sick. My desires to want more of it makes me even more sick. I'm just being honest here. I have often seen these videos or pictures, and turned away because like MckMama said, "I let myself turn away from the truth of a hurting globe, lying to myself about how I need to be helping the people in my own backyard before worrying about those around the globe, when I wasn't even helping those in my backyard anyway." Well isn't that just a realization that will slap you in the face. For me, it isn't just about the people in Kenya or India or wherever. It's about the people. All the people. All the people that I have been ignoring because I am so wrapped up in me . . . my life . . . my family . . . my needs . . . my . . . my . . . my. I hurt. I am broken. Now what am I gonna do about it? Please click here to read the blogs from the Compassion bloggers. Hopefully, it will change you just like it has changed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails