Me! WooHoo! You like me! You really like me!
I just want to thank sweet Rebecca over at A Southern Boy and A City Girl for giving me my first award!
There are a couple rules that come along with the award:
1- thank the person who gave you the award
2- name five bloggers who make your life a little sweeter
3- tell why I was given this award
4- tell the nominees why you are giving them the award
Here is what Becca said about me on her blog:
"I know Elaine from a friend and I look forward to every time I think I might get to see her....typically during football season tailgating! Elaine is absolutely hilarious, doesn't take life too seriously, which is a trait everyone could use a pinch of, and I laugh the whole time I am with her. I am so happy she blogs because she also has 3 wonderful boys that make me laugh, too! So glad I get to see more of your family outside of football season....see you in September!"
Hehe! I had no idea I was so funny! I'll do my best to not let this sweet compliment go to my head! I mean, I'll try, but let's face it. It's hard when you are as fantastically funny as I am. . . How am I doing with this whole containing myself thing? What's that? You think I need to keep working on it? What? :-)
Now, for the moment we have all been waiting for. . . (In no particular order - bahahahaha)
1. Jenny at Home is Where You Start From - I had to pick "Hen Jen" because I just know that if we didn't live on opposite ends of the country, we would be good friends! Her blog is full of great ideas for homeschooling! Some of her posts crack me up and others really make me think. I love that! You gotta check out her post about how she changed the world for a minute.
2. Jenny at just jenny from the blog - I met Jenny at our homeschool co-op. She is amazing. She (and her husband - duh) have three sweet kiddos and are in the middle of adopting a little girl from Ethiopia. She does amazing things for God's kingdom and I am so glad that I know her. Her blog is full full full of inspirational posts!
3. Jennifer at Our blog - I picked Jennifer because of her creativity (hence the blog name). No seriously, I picked Jennifer because she is a woman after God's heart. She has 3 little ones, all under 5, and she is still sane. Maybe I shouldn't have given her this award since she is moving (could be as soon as 11 days!), but I know that she is all up in God's plan for her life right now and I wouldn't want her to be anywhere else. I always enjoy reading about the adventures that she and her little ones have.
4. Lori (see your name doesn't have to be Jennifer or some variation of Jennifer, to win this award) at My Thoughts - Lori used to be my youth pastor's wife. Now, she is my friend. Well I hope, I mean we've never discussed it or anything. She is an amazing Godly woman that I really look up to and learn from . . . a mentor of sorts - and a darn good one! She is full of wisdom and encouragement. Wait a minute, I think I am making Lori sound old and everything, but seriously she is just a little bit older than me - just a whole lot wiser.
5. Carrie at Live, Love, and Learn Together - I met Carrie through the blogosphere. She is great. I also think that we would be great friends if we lived closer together. Carrie has some seriously great homeschooling ideas and our kids seem to be close in age. I enjoy checking out all the things she is doing at home and maybe someday, I will find the time to do some of them at our house! Also, I read her post about how she plans for homeschool . . . She (like me) is a curriculum junkie!