Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

"And Jesus uttered a loud cry, and breathed His last.  And the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom."  Mark 15:37-38

The crucifixion of Christ has always been an amazing story.  However, since I have been doing Kay Arthur's study on Covenant - it has a whole new life to it.  Especially this part about the veil being torn in two.  What a picture signifying that the way into God's presence was open by the death of His son.  Wow!  Too much.  Seriously, I almost can't handle it.

Anyway, we didn't quite go that deep into the story with my little ones.  Today, we focused on the fact that Jesus died for our sins and that without his death we could never have a relationship with our God.  We talked about how when Jesus hung on that cross in excruciating pain - it was for us.  Hanging on that cross with Him were all of our sins.  Even though we hadn't even committed our sins yet, He knew we were going to.  He died for us. 

We wrote some of our sins out on our crosses.  (I noticed that my kids had a hard time coming up with their own sins - but had a much easier time thinking of other's sins.  You know the big ones - murder, stealing, etc.  I guess I have a great idea for some future lessons. And if I'm honest, I probably need to pay attention to this upcoming lesson.)

And then, we covered them with the blood of Jesus.  

 


Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails