Friday, April 30, 2010

Weekly Wrap Up - Science Edition

We have had a great week!  It definitely helps that the weather has been great and we only have 2 more weeks of school left!  WooHoo!  Anyway, this week the kids have really enjoyed doing our little mini unit on volcanoes.  I had thought that we would wrap this up in a week, but not so much.  Looks like we will be finishing up our study of volcanoes and our lapbooks next week.  You can take a look at this post to see how we started our week with our KWL chart.  The next day we got to actually erupt our volacnoes. 
After this, we did a little activity for our lapbooks about "What is inside a volcano?"  The kids really thought this was cool!

Here is our in progress lapbook.  The flip page at the top is a map with US states with active volcanoes.  (Sidenote - Almost each website I looked at listed different states for this.  I finally just decided on discussing the states that made all or most of the webpages that I researched.)

Don't forget to visit Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers to see what all the other weird homeschoolers have been up to this week! :-)

4 comments:

  1. You inspire me and encourage me with your weekly wrap-ups!! Thank you for posting them. I appreciate it!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like fantastic lapbooks. I'll have to tuck that idea away for next year…

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet your homeschool is so fun! With three boys, you really have a "class!" Most of our stuff is just done with Ethan right now ... next year, Eli will start K, so that will be fun! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The volcano looks great, but ya know what I really love about your blog? Your header photo! It makes me smile every time I see it :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails